Monday, August 15, 2011

Plant, Grow, Eat - Day 15

Experimenting . . . 

Since I don't eat red meat or chicken I wondered how tuna salad would be with Pesto.
Quite nice I found out!


On the menu:
Pesto Tuna Salad Wrap
Yogurt Cucumber salad
(see recipes)
Sliced Tomatoes



I used the same wraps as a prior post, multigrain by La Tortilla Factory.
For the tuna salad . . . choose a tuna that does not have a fishy taste!
(My favorite is the Trader Joe's Albacore, No salt added)

Drain one can tuna, add 4-5 T plain Greek yogurt,  2 or so T. chopped red pepper,
1T thinly sliced onion, 3 or so T chopped peeled & seeded cucumber.
Stir in 1-2 T. fresh Pesto 
A drizzle of olive oil
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Lay a few young Swiss Chard leaves on 1/2 wrap, top with tuna
and thinly sliced tomatoes.
Wrap and secure with a toothpick
(makes 2-3  1/2 wraps)

Enjoy,
Lori Ann

No comments: