Monday, August 22, 2011

Plant, Grow, Eat - Day 22

Pizza Night !
This evening we had friends over to make Pizzas from the garden.

I made whole wheat pizza dough 
(recipe courtesy of Whole Living Magazine, current issue, September,
 except I added about 2 t. sugar to help the yeast work.)

Then . .  everyone stretched their crusts and did their own thing with toppings from the garden.
We had homemade tomato sauce (on the recipe page), fresh pesto, onions, banana peppers, pimento, red beets, garlic, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, asparagus & eggplant (all from the garden!)

I tried about 4 different combinations on my one crust as I wanted to see how they'd turn out!
Loved the fresh Pesto, eggplant & tomatoe . . .  and the goat cheese and red beets!







On the menu:
Pizza 10 ways!

Enjoy,
Lori Ann

No comments: